BZD $12,000,000

Estimated Mortgage

Cool Shade – Citrus Industry

Belize, Cayo

Reference: 014-00331

Opportune moment to invest into the Belizean citrus industry fruit supply; Cool Shade Farms in the Cayo District

The Cool Shade Farm sits approximately 3.5 miles from Georgeville/George Price Highway along the Chiquibul Road or Mountain Pine Ridge Road; some 8 miles from the Twin Towns of Santa Elena and San Ignacio, and 18 miles from the capital city of Belmopan. In the immediate vicinity, there are several well-known tourist lodges such as, Biancaneaux Lodge, and Black Rock. This all-weather road also leads to numerous national reserves and protected areas such as the Mountain Pine Ridge which lies some 6 miles south, and another being the Tapir Mountain Nature Reserve.

The farm comprises of 6 parcels totalling 4,616.85 acres with many structures and facilities for staff, farmers, and equipment. Starting with a wooden security booth at the gated entrance, a reinforced concrete air conditioned management office measuring 26 feet by 20 feet, steel frame equipment garage measuring 101 feet by 52 feet, power generator house, several worker’s barracks and residences (concrete and wooden), inventory warehouse, and fruit storage bins.

The property also consists of an Owner’s Housing Site comprising of 45.32 acres which includes:

· Main Building, double storey wooden structure with 3 bedrooms and 3 bathrooms, office space, and spacious living rooms on each floor. The Guest Housing site is adjacent to the Main House and offers three (3) individual bedrooms with private baths. This concrete building measuring 45 feet in length by 24 feet in width, is fully equipped with electricity, water, and septic tank units. The Utility Building is concrete with metal sheeted roof measuring 25 feet by 12 feet. Finally, the large thatched palapa offers 441 square feet of outdoor entertainment space.

· Additionally, a manager quarters and supervisor quarters both of concrete, each offer two bedrooms and one bathroom with adequate outdoor veranda space. The combined parcels share a 23-mile road network of which is gravelled and in good condition.

The crop covers an area of 1,638 acres with 89% being citrus and generating an average 160 boxes per acre annually, and the remaining 11% generating 548 boxes of grapefruit per acre annually.

The remaining acreage offers diverse opportunities with heavy forest covered areas and the presence of valuable timber for extraction at a sustainable replanting and preserving basis, utilizing of the gentler hillside for cattle rearing and/or small farming, subdivision to lesser acreage for resale as neighbouring communities continue to show steady growth, and finally, entering another fast-developing industry of Belize; Tourism. Cool Shade Farm lies immediately north of several protected areas in Cayo, Stann Creek, and Toledo Districts which mean tourist accessibility to plenty inland adventures. Unutilized hill terrains offering more scenic and attractive environments make perfect sites for high-end accommodations for visitors to enjoy pristine nature.

For financial report and additional information, contact us directly at Century 21 BTAL (Belize).

  • Price:  $6,000,000  BZD $12,000,000
  • Status: For Sale
  • Gross Area:  49,687 ft2 | 1.141 ac
  • State: Good
  • Construction year: 1990
  • Electricity
  • Fence
  • Security Service
  • Freeway - George Price Highway
  • Golf Course
  • Mountain
Estimated Monthly Payment